Similar to my post yesterday, I am going to be talking about getting off your phone and maybe even replacing it instead!
So, as we know it, phones have DRASTICALLY changed in the past 10-20 years. People used to have nothing. Then they had the landline. Then the flip phone, then the smart phone. People may look at that as a good thing, but is it?
Before we had every single thing at our fingertips, we had DVDs, CDs, written letters, and digital cameras. In summary, physical media. In my opinion, we should have stopped there. And now, we have the smartphone.
I used to think that the improvement in technology was awesome. I still do! But, I don't see it as a good thing for our future. Now, we have every single thing in complete convenience. A big chunk of the world doesn't turn to physical media first, but instead to their phone. They don't go to family video anymore. Nor do they watch DVD's or own a Walkman or CD player.
The sad truth is that you can never change everyone; but that doesn't become so sad anymore when you accept it. I have faith in the people left in the world that still use physical media. The people that are now waking up to the truth and returning back to when life was a simpler time. I have faith in YOU! Always remember, a small step can change the world.
With love,
-elly ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・
.jpg)
I totally agree with you, I wished we stayed at the physical media phase. smartphones gained to much time and place in our lives and it's getting worse with the use of AI. I totally hate it to be honest, i'm known in my friend group for being an AI hater and i'm proud of it lmao. It just annihilates all kind of creativity and thinking processes. people just watch ai slop and be happy of it. what happened to sitting to watch a movie all together? what happened to actually thinking about than something rather than questioning AI? what happened to actually write articles for the passion of writing? i'm so tired of it and want to go back in time. i still have tons of things to say but i'm sorry my comment is already long and probably has a lot of grammatical errors but i'm just dumping my thoughts after your wonderful post.
ReplyDeletelove, deerie
yes yes YES!! human connection has changed so much since the creation of smartphones as well as the creation of AI. I don't support it at all!! I'm hoping posts like this inspire others to turn back to analog and physical media more and more each day!! thanks so much for reading my blog and I love your view on this!! :)
DeleteI agree with you 1000% as much as I am on my phone, I feel so icky and annoyed at myself that I am stuck to a small screen. I realize that with the development of AI and also just for you pages and how our algorithms are so tuned to us and KEEPING us on our screens, I've never appreciated physical media more.
ReplyDeletesame here! I hate sitting here on my phone and knowing that I could be with other people or using my imagination. and yes, actually stepping outside of the box and realizing that the creation of smartphones and AI is bad, you start to appreciate everything else. thanks for reading my blog and iI'm glad you agree!! :)
Deletethis is tooo true
ReplyDeletephysical media used to bring community and conversation, now everything is digital with the purpose of monetization and quick convenience. we left real life connection for merely internet connection :(
so yes, bring physical media back!!
Yes exactly!! I'm hoping one day everyone will realize the bad side of it and turn back to the good side.
ReplyDeletethanks for reading!!